Fun Dental Facts!
Who said seeing the dentist had to be scary?!
Below are some of our favorite dental facts we love to share!
1. It takes 43 muscles to frown. It only takes 17 to smile.
2. The human tongue is as unique as a fingerprint. No two people have the same tongue print.
3. An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but it also makes you 3X more likely to develop dental decay. So make sure you brush and floss!
4. A snail's mouth is no larger than the head of a pin, yet it can contain over 25,000 teeth.
5. In the 1800s, blacksmiths and barbers also served as dentists. Now that's scary!
6. The lifespan of a taste bud is about 10 days. The five known tastes detected by taste buds are: bitter, sour, salty, sweet, and umami.
7. The most valuable tooth belonged to Sir Isaac Newton. In 1816, one of his teeth was sold in London for $3,633.00, or in today's terms, $35,700.00. The tooth was set in a ring.
8. Mosquitoes have 47 teeth.
9. Cavities in teeth have been filled since the earliest of times with a variety of different materials, including gum, stone chips, and even turpentine resin.
10. Contrary to popular belief, George Washington's famous dentures were not made from wood. His four pairs of custom choppers were crafted from gold, ivory, lead, and a mixture of human, donkey, and hippopotamus teeth.
Let us know your fun dental facts! We love learning new things!
To read all of the dental fun facts click here: https://www.imagine-smiles.com/fun-dental-facts.html